Jul 14, 2007

Cape Robins


Every day, a couple of times a day, the little Cape Robins come knocking at our kitchen window for their "cheese". This has being going on now for a number of years, mother and father robins have come along, bringing their new fledglings to show them the ropes, and they inturn have brought their young ones. They now answer to our whistle,and in minutes are at the window and if we are late in calling them ,they soon let us know. Its a particually busy time in winter with one family of robins after the other calling for fuel food. I have tried to take pictures but none have been sucessful yet so thought I would share with you a beautiful antique card from my collection.

3 comments:

sheila from life @ #17 said...

how charming that the robins have made your home partly their own :)

kind of like when families return to the same summer place over and over again...

so a Big Ol' Georgia HUG to you :)

Lana Manis said...

The card is so sweet but the tale of your Cape Robins is precious!

Lana

Lana Manis said...

Dear Lynda, I just realized you had a birthday on the 11th I think? Happy Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day ~*~

Lana