Jun 19, 2007

Fabrics and Textures


Oh I just love fabrics,I cannot pass a fabric shop without going in and running my hand along the many rows. Its not that I need anymore, in fact on June 30th I am holding a big market to try and reduce some of my stock. I have just realised that I would never get though my whole collection in my lifetime and would rather give others the pleasure of owning a piece or two to use in their crafting. So 12 huge tubs are being sorted at the moment. Here is a picture of a small bundle of beautiful fabrics in shades of cream, the textures are wonderful, and as I am sorting, all sorts of ideas of what one can turn them into,comes to mind. This is not good as now I am sorting I think, should I put that in the sale bin or keep it a little longer, after all I have had most of it for well over twenty five years! Ahh well once I see the excitement on my guests faces, it will be worth sharing a little bit of my collection.

4 comments:

Rabbit Hill Creations said...

Hi, found your blog through sunnie's blog...love it! I absolutely love your cream & natural stash of fabric assortment!...I really have no business adding more to my stash, but those colors are calling my name. Will you be getting rid of them as well?...and if so, how could I go about purchasing them?...please let me know. Thanks, Toni

Rabbit Hill Creations said...

Thank you, I'm looking forward to your fabric sale!...I do know what you mean as far as deciding what fabrics to let go, such a hard decision...I also have been doing some spring cleaning, which consist of getting rid of any extra or unused fabrics, just so that I can bring in more..lol...I have added your blogsite to my links so that I can come back and visit. Happy fabric sorting! Toni

sheila from life @ #17 said...

those are lovely colours...you obviously have an eye for putting patterns & colours together :)

and I agree with RHC (hiya, Toni :)...you should offer those for sale off your blog!

Sylvia Anderson said...

I love your treasured fabrics and will be looking forward to seeing what you'll decide to part with! I'm sure that some are just so beautiful that you'll keep them forever. :) It's hard to part with some things isn't it? But sometimes we have to part with old things, to make room for new.