Aug 31, 2007

Looking Back


Its been sometime since I have made a bear. Looking back through my pictures of my creations has given me as much pleasure as actually making the bears. It has also motivated me into making one again soon. After six years of producing bears non-stop, all my own designs, I had a burn out and it was then I found the primitve scene. I did combine the primitive look and my bear making and rather like that type of bear as opposed to the traditional bear, for me I could be more adventurous. One of my favourite traditional bears I ever made was Sailor Boy or Billy Boy as his new owner named him. He only stood three inches tall, with his white hat, suitcase and sailor doll. Hand stitched in mohair and fully jointed, he sold within an hour of stitching the last stitch.

No comments: