Mar 28, 2007

Basket on the Make


I am busy with my next basket. I love doing these, its easy, fun, quick and sells well here. What more could a person ask for! This one has just been decoupaged so you can still see the white glaze which will dry clear.I get these from a local chap who sits and weaves the basket from a local grass. I then paint with acylic paint and when dry decorate in some way, normally decoupage, sometimes frost on top with crushed glass, gives it a misty look, christmas ones have added 3D snow, some are aged and crackled, others have lace, some have ribbon woven in, some I add beads, others little felted ornies .......... there is just so much one can do. I sometimes paint the inside as well or add a cotton lining (which this one is going to have). They make great shopping bags, bags to display (with dried flowers inside). Once the glaze is dry i will age the edges.