Mar 26, 2007

A Whimsical Prim


One of my very first primsical pieces I created was my pumpkin-head doll. I just loved making her, from making my own clay, sculpting her head and sewing her body. Everything about her was just so "out the box" for me, right down to her wire twisted arms and "leaf" hands. Her vintage veil hat finished it off. I used a picture of her head as my logo. This one was a keeper and I still get a lump in my throat when I see her sitting in her chair. Perhpas I feel this way cause she was my first in many ways, sculpting, making clay and definitely "out the box".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Adorable! I love Pumpkin people too and base mine on vintage Post Cards and the Paper Mache buckets children used to carry. It's great that yours is so original. I especially love the leaf feet.