Apr 28, 2007

Crazy Patchwork -Scissor Fob and Old boxes

Today I learnt how to do crazy patchwork. Anne my quilter friend gave us a workshop making a scissor fob using crazy patchwork. I LOVE IT! oh I can't wait to try out more ideas, ideas that just kept tumbling around in my head as i was working on the scissor pouch. Crazy patchword is wonderful to use up all those scraps of fabric and bits and pieces for embellishing. Will show a picture of mine as soon as it's is finished. Here are some samples of the ones Anne did.

Old boxes. I love boxes of all sizes, especially old wooden ones. Here are three smallish ones from my collection.
The one on the left is quite old and has mother-of-pearl inlay. The centre one is not as old and has a working clock inside. The little one on the right is the latest one in my collection and comes from Egypt. My daughter bought is as a gift from her recent holiday there. It is very pretty and lots of inlay work.



No comments: