Dec 14, 2007

Out of the Blue


Latest pincushion - "Out of the Blue". Its is a sort of play on words story behind this pincushion. A couple of years ago, I went on a felting seminar where we each had to give a workshop on felt and felting, I gave one on needle felting. Anyhow I learnt so much on other forms of felting, particularly wet felting and making felt. Well one of the things I made was a pair of blue baby's booties with a knitted top. After the seminar, I tucked these away as I really didn't know what to do with them, no babies at home and no grandchildren yet. Well today out of the blue, while clearing some boxes, I found these again and suddenly had the idea of turning them into pin cushions.

2 comments:

Sylvia Anderson said...

Your pincushion is just lovely! Reminds me of the little booties my grandmother used to knit when I was little. I hope you had a Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to you! :)

wanderlustandpixiedust said...

Your little blue bootie is so sweet and dear. Thanks for sharing it with is...