Feb 10, 2009

Waste not, Want not...............


The old saying, "Waste not, want not," couldn't be more true in making this pincushion heart.

I had been saving all my scraps of fabric from my recent sewing activities, I just can't bear to throw any away and knew I would come up with an idea to use them up. Well here is my 'waste not, want not' pincushion heart, made entirely from scraps of fabric, a combination of wool, cotton and ticking, sewn together in a crazy patchwork style and stuffed with more scraps of fabric. Two buttons and a bit of ribbon finishes it off.It was fun to make, oh so easy and I love the weight the fabric stuffing gives to the heart.

1 comment:

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Linda,
Your heart turned out just beautiful....I really love the different textures you used...very creative...AS USUAL!
Hugs, Karen